Wednesday, August 1, 2007

John C. Dvorak at PC Magazine has an interesting article claiming that the business boom built up around Web 2.0 ideas is about to burst.

He calls this "Bubble 2.0".

"You can come up with your own theories about the next collapse. Your guess as to the cause will be as good as mine. All I can tell you is that it's a sure thing." he says.

I know that something just doesn't feel right to me either... but my own culprits tend to be arrogant managers, overly greedy investors and technology that just doesn't exactly fit user needs.

In the end, I suppose, it really doesn't matter what the cause may be, and I'm certain that, whatever it actually is, commentators will come up with a wide variety of theories.

The sad thing is that so many of our problems are correctable and/or avoidable.

Too bad no one seems to be paying attention... or care.


No comments: