Wednesday, August 20, 2008


Good Support & Bad Support

Tech support can make or break a company.

Most of my personal tech support experiences have been neutral at best... and bad... VERY bad... at worst!

Let's look at the good (or should I say, even fantastic!) first.

I just signed up for a new Web 2.0 service that manages the approval process we must all contend with. You know, your boss needs to sign off on something, then someone in HR, then someone in accounting, etc. etc. etc. A real nightmare, right?

This new service, called Zapproved.Com (maybe for Zapped Approvals?) manages all this painlessly online for you.

You really need to check it out!

But that's not the best part!

When I signed up, I experienced a little hiccup... I'm Irish and my last name contains an apostrophe. Many, if not most, web sites gag on Irish names containing apostrophes. I guess not too many web developers are Irish.

Anyway, I emailed the company support desk and didn't expect much. Usually I'm ignored or have to wait a very long time for a reply, if I get one at all.

But Zapproved.Com... in addition to being innovative... is completely different!

Elise Chandler zapped an email reply back to me in a heart beat! She provided a full explanation of what the problem was, how to fix it, and an expected time frame to expect the fix. But it gets even better! In a few minutes she actually fixed the problem!!!! Can you believe that?

Aside from having a great product (which we all need), Zapproved.Com has a great staff!

As I said, you need to check this company out... because you really do need this service and because their tech support is fantastic!

If you think I'm overstating my case, have you dealt with AT&T or Verizon lately?

Completely different story...

Read the following post:

Has Anyone At AT&T Ever Called AT&T Tech Support?

from the welcome-to-the-soviet-ministries dept

http://techdirt.com/articles/20080818/1746012017.shtml

I think these giant communications companies need to learn how to communicate from the new kid on the block... Zapproved.Com.
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another customer service experience, this time "courtesy" of Northwest Airlines and the Transportation Security Administration:

http://consumerist.com/5039530/tsa-martinet-claims-her-unpublished-rules-trump-real-ones